Race for the Cure®EducationNews & EventsGrantsSponsorshipWays to DonateAbout Us

Race for the Cure®

The Race for the Cure is Komen Maryland’s largest fundraising event. Of the net funds raised, 75 percent goes to local grant programs that offer a comprehensive range of breast health service, from screening and treatment to support services, for women, men and families throughout Maryland who have been affected by breast cancer. The remaining 25 percent is distributed at a national level to fund lifesaving research, often taking place at Maryland institutions.

The Race is comprised of a 5k (3.1 miles) competitive run (timed), a 5k recreational run, a 5k walk and a 1-mile family fun walk. The 1-mile family fun walk is recommended for families with children and participants who prefer a shorter route.

 

And mark your calendar for the Komen Maryland Hunt Valley Race for the Cure - Sun., Oct. 26, 2014.
© 2013 Susan G. Komen Maryland®
Call: 410.938.8990 Email: info@komenmd.org